Re: facemenu-unlisted-faces

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: facemenu-unlisted-faces
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 18:30:28 -0400

    I think, however, that
    the Face submenu is pretty useless, whether short or long. I'd suggest
    removing it altogether, after the release.

This is a step towards WYSIWYG editing.  We are going to move forward,
not backward, so please stop suggesting backward steps.

    So, clicking the face name in `list-faces-display' could simply apply that
    face to the region (what Faces > ... does today). And clicking the face's
    alphabet would show the *Faces* description of the face, with a link to
    Customize it.

That could be a good idea, but remember there are lots of faces
in the buffer made by `list-faces-display', so this would not be
a convenient way to select and apply one for editing purposes.