Re: Suggestion for C-h f, describe-function

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Suggestion for C-h f, describe-function
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 12:19:48 +0200

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> So you cannot put the AUCTeX source directory into load-path.  Why?
>>
>> Because it is the _source_ directory.
>
> So what about find-function-source-path ?

If this variable is nil then `find-function' searches `load-path' by
default.

Would be usable except that setting it up stops the tracking of
further load-path changes, and it requires converting _all_
corresponding directories in the current load-path to their respective
source directory.  This sort of conversion would then more or less
need to be done by defadvice to find-function, using a list of rules
like I described.

But if I have to use defadvice on find-function anyway, one could
almost let-bind load-path around the call (the only advantage of using
find-function-source-path is that any autocalled function triggered
during find-function will not go awry).