Re: address@hidden: Lingering input pending with motifmenu bar]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Lingering input pending with motifmenu bar]
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 13:01:44 -0400

    Also, if we fix `sit-for' this way, would something similar need to be done
    for code that sets variables such as `last-input-event'?

If an event is handled at a level that users don't see, we should
probably prevent it from remaining in `last-input-event' after that is
done with.

    Because the exact list of events that are user-initiated might change (e.g.
    over releases), I wonder if it would be worth defining `user-event' as a
    type (category) of events and `user-event-p' as its test. Then, any code
    that deals with this would use that, and the exact set of user events would
    only be updated in one place.

I don't understand how this would be used or what problem it is meant
to solve.