x-display-name confusion

From: Otto Maddox
Subject: x-display-name confusion
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 11:59:30 +0100

Hi.

The documentation for x-display-name isn't very clear.  Currently, it is this:

"The X display name specifying server and X frame."

Is it supposed to give the X display on which Emacs was started, or the X
display for the current frame?  I had been trying to use it for the latter.
(Of course, I should have used the "display" property of the current frame.)
In any case, I think the doc string for x-display-name is a bit ambiguous.

What do you think?

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but differentÂ…