Re: overflow pure space

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: overflow pure space
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 14:44:48 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> >     Warning (initialization): Building Emacs overflowed pure space.
>> >     (See the node Pure Storage in the Lisp manual for details.)
>> >
>> > Did someone do something that caused this in the GTK+ version but not
>> > in others?
>>
>> I saw this too, and have checked in a patch to increment puresize.
>
> I'm not sure that was wise.  There's some mystery going on with
> puresize; unfortunately I didn't have enough time to finish
> investigating it based on Reiner's reports.  Perhaps someone could
> pick up where I left off and find out the reason(s) for these
> disparities.  The relevant thread is "Re: PURESIZE increased (again)".

FWIW, I think the puresize overflow came from the following change.

2006-07-04  Kenichi Handa  <address@hidden>

        * international/mule-cmds.el (set-language-info): If LANG-ENV is
        the current one, don't call set-language-environment, but call one
        of set-language-environment-XXX to make INFO effective now.
        (set-language-environment): Call set-language-environment-XXX
        functions instead of doing the various setups directly.
        (set-language-environment-coding-systems): Delete argument eol-type.
        (set-language-environment-input-method)
        (set-language-environment-nonascii-translation)
        (set-language-environment-charset)
        (set-language-environment-fontset)
        (set-language-environment-unibyte): New functions.