Re: font-lock and shell scripts: Raises redisplay errors in highlight pa

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: font-lock and shell scripts: Raises redisplay errors in highlight pattern:
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 10:29:24 +0200

"T. V. Raman" <address@hidden> writes:

> When editting shell scripts with font-lock turned on, emacs
> raises errors during redisplay -- specifically in functions

> font-lock-apply-syntactic-highlight
> font-lock-apply-highlight

> Once these errors hit, highlighting doesn't appear to happen
> correctly.

Something in your configuration is adding invalid entries to the
`font-lock-keywords' variable and it confuses the font-lock engine.
I'm pretty sure that there is no bug in Emacs here.  Could you please
try to track down which package or init file changes the font lock
keywords for this mode in your configuration?

Thanks,

--
Romain Francoise <address@hidden> | The sea! the sea! the open
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | sea! The blue, the fresh, the