RE: facemenu-unlisted-faces

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: facemenu-unlisted-faces
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 15:49:04 -0700

        The crucial point is that that would be an anomalous reprogramming of
        Emacs.  Likewise, if a face "blue" specifies red, that is also an
        anomalous reprogramming of Emacs.

        Faces are variables. They are *meant* (designed) to be variables.

    They are not all meant to be changed.

Perhaps we are miscommunicating. AFAIK, faces are customizable, which means
that they are designed to be customized.

The bold text property will always represent boldness, but just because I
defface a face called my-very-bold-face that has bold as an attribute, that
does not mean that it will always look bold - its appearance can be changed
by program or customization. That's all I meant.