Re: http://www.norvig.com/paip/

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: http://www.norvig.com/paip/
Date: 08 Jul 2006 14:54:38 -0400

> The code there is not free, so we can't possibly use it,
> or recommend it at all.  What does it have to do with Emacs
> development?  What was the reason for mentioning it here?

it was a tangential example of the kinds of program reasoning that
have been codified in the past, rather than a pointer to possibly
useful code for inclusion in emacs, in response to a question on
the feasibility (or perhaps applicability, i don't remember
exactly) of mining "general-purpose functions" out of the lisp
code distributed w/ emacs.

anyway, i will try to keep in mind that mentioning non-free
software is to be avoided on this list -- sorry about that.

thi