Re: rectangle operations - narrowing?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: rectangle operations - narrowing?
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 10:12:40 -0400

    What I'd like to do, to start with, is, in effect, "narrow" to a region that
    has the content of a given rectangle of text. The idea would be to operate
    on this region in some way, and then widen again - in effect putting the
    (possibly modified) rectangle back in context.

Ordinary narrowing limits what redisplay includes.  But I think you
would want this new rectangle narrowing to have no effect on redisplay.
Right?