Re: info-look

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: info-look
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 11:05:23 +0200

>     `info-lookup-symbol' strips the trailing quote but does not strip the
>     leading backquote which is inconvenient.
>
> Now I understand.  I agree, that is a bug, and maybe your fix is right.
> It's just the description which was confusing.  I suggest you call
> that a "symbol in `...'".

Do you mean changing the log entry to something like:

        * info-look.el (info-lookup-guess-custom-symbol): New function
        for retrieving symbol at point in custom buffers.
        (top level) <info-lookup-maybe-add-help>: Add backquote and
        comma to ignored characters in regexps of help specifications
        for emacs-lisp-mode and lisp-interaction-mode.  This permits
        looking up symbols in `...' and after a comma.  Add help
        specifications for custom-mode and help-mode.