Re: tip of the day?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: tip of the day?
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:22:18 -0400

    I like the idea. Now and then I stumble upon things I did not know
    existed in Emacs, often while looking for something completely
    different. Just opening up a random manual page could  prove to be
    quite useful.

The suggestion, as I understood it, was to present randomly selected
tips.  I took this to mean short hints that people would write for
this specific purpose.  Randomly selecting a spot in the manual would
be a totally different feature.  If some people find that useful, I
have nothing against it, but please don't consider the two ideas
interchangeable.

Tips would be good for helping beginners become intermediate users.
Randomly selecting parts of the manual could be interesting for more
knowledgeable users, but would not help beginners.

I think the tips would be more useful than the random manual text
presenter.  But we could have both.