Re: 100% CPU on TCP servers (on Windoze).

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: 100% CPU on TCP servers (on Windoze).
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 09:15:48 +0100

Kim F. Storm wrote:
I don't quite understand the pfn_ stuff in w32.c -- maybe the
WSAEventSelect function need to be loaded in the same way to be
available.  Someone who knows this stuff, please DTRT.
The dynamic loading of network functions is obsolete. The original idea was to support versions of Windows that do not contain the Winsock library by default. Since NT 3.51, it has been included by default (prior to that it was an optional component), and since at least Emacs 20 we gave up trying to support such old versions of Windows NT, since Windows NT was not widely used until 4.0, and any NT 3.1 or 3.5 installations have probably been replaced by now.

So this can probably be cleaned up by using those functions normally.