Re: Activate an input-method from file-local variables?

From: Aidan Kehoe
Subject: Re: Activate an input-method from file-local variables?
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 16:47:38 +0200

 Ar an cúigiú lá déag de mí Iúil, scríobh Stefan Monnier:

 > Many of the files I edit use funny unicode math chars which I enter with the
 > help of the "TeX" input method.

 > How can I make it such that those files
 > have the TeX input method activated as soon as I open them?
 >
 > Currently I add an `eval: (activate-input-method "TeX")' to the
 > local-variables and then arrange for it not to trigger a prompt, but it
 > seems like there should be a more "official" way to do it.

I do a

  (make-variable-buffer-local 'default-input-method)

in my init file and then add

  default-input-method: "TeX"

to the local-variables of the relevant files. (I also give sensible default
values for default-input-method and input-method-history (also made
buffer-local) in my init file.)

--
Santa Maradona, priez pour moi!