RE: Info tutorial is out of date

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Info tutorial is out of date
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 17:26:52 -0700

I said:

    Let's be generous: 90% have a mouse. Just a guess,
    but we could place bets (no fair looking first). Oops, all bets
    are off - I couldn't resist looking...
    http://www.answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=334862

    ... the moused (90%) and the unmoused (10%)...

That's a bit misleading; sorry. The study cited only said that 90% of those
studied used the mouse heavily every day. It didn't say what percentage
*have* a mouse. 99%? 99.999%?

Here's some more from the study, FYI:

 - "80% used desktop computers (n=63,319), 9% used laptops (n=7846)
   and 11% used both desktop computers and laptops (n=8463)."

 - "the mouse was used with desktop computers at 97% of organisations
   surveyed. At 73% of these organisations, all desktop users used the
mouse.

 - "the mouse was used with laptop computers at 64% of organisations
   surveyed. At 31% of organisations, all laptop users used a mouse"

 - "the majority (90%) use a mouse on a daily basis, operating the device
   with their right hand"

 - "...mice with 2 buttons (67% of workplace assessment interviewees and
   85% of user questionnaire respondents) although 3-button mice were
   also quite common (20% of workplace assessment interviewees and 10%
   of user questionnaire respondents)"