Re: Activate an input-method from file-local variables?

From: Aidan Kehoe
Subject: Re: Activate an input-method from file-local variables?
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 13:36:11 +0200

 Ar an cúigiú lá déag de mí Iúil, scríobh Stefan Monnier:

 > AFAICT this does not do what I want: it doesn't *activate* the
 > input method.  You still need to hit C-\ to activate it.

Ah, excuse my misunderstanding. Looking through the source of
activate-input-method, as well as setting current-input-method, it calls
input-method-specific initialisation code, so simply setting a file-local
variable would seem to be impossible. You could, of course, add something
like the below to your init file, and specify hack-activate-input-method
appropriately in the files you want it to work for.

(defun hack-activating-input-method ()
  "If `hack-activate-input-method' is bound, activate it as an input method.
See the function documentation `activate-input-method' for details on
activating input methods. "
  (when (boundp 'hack-activate-input-method)
    (activate-input-method hack-activate-input-method)))

(add-hook 'find-file-hooks 'hack-activating-input-method)

--
Santa Maradona, priez pour moi!