Re: Info tutorial is out of date

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Info tutorial is out of date
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 13:30:53 -0400

    What's a menu-bar?  My Emacs setup hasn't got one (whatever it might
    be ;-).

If you don't have a menu bar, it is because someone turned it off for
you.  The tutorial need not be designed to cope with such
customizations.

    However, not all Emacs setups have mouses.  One of the prime
    attractivenesses of Emacs for me is being able to use it on a plain
    character screen without it being cluttered up with window borders,

I think nearly all beginner users of Emacs have mice.
The Info tutorial is mainly aimed at these beginners.

    Er, I have to agree here.  I've never seen any invisible text in Info.

You wouldn't see it, would you ;-).