Re: Bug: Unable to request replace-string of " \t"

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Bug: Unable to request replace-string of " \t"
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 23:25:14 -0400

>     TAB runs the command indent-for-tab-command
>        which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `indent.el'.
>     It is bound to TAB.
>     (indent-for-tab-command &optional ARG)

> Maybe that minibuffer -- or all minibuffers -- should rebind TAB.

> If this has changed since Emacs 21,
> can anyone see why the change occurred?

I believe it's a side-effect of a change I made a while back which changed
the global indent-line-function from indent-to-left-margin (used for
paragraph-indent-text-mode) to indent-relative (used for the "new"
text-mode, formerly known as indent-text-mode).

I believe the right thing to do is to rebind TAB in minibuffer-local-map.

        Stefan