Re: Info tutorial is out of date

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Info tutorial is out of date
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:03:52 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> I think it's pretentious to think that we can influence people's habits
> so easily.

I don't think so.

My observation has been that the sort of person who tries Emacs _at all_
(which e.g. excludes your average PHB etc) is relatively open-minded
about such things, and willing to give something "new" (heh) a go.

It's perhaps silly for a tutorial to pretend the mouse/etc don't exist,
but basically people already know how to use them, so I think not much
really be said other than a note explaining _why_ the tutorial
concentrates on key bindings.

-Miles
--
My spirit felt washed.  With blood.  [Eli Shin, on "The Passion of the Christ"]