RE: tip of the day?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: tip of the day?
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 08:21:21 -0700

    On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:37:38 -0700 Drew Adams wrote:

    > Short tips written specifically for this purpose could also
    > include - when appropriate - one or more links to the manual(s), for
    > possible followup.

    On the emacs IRC channel there used to be a "key binding of
    the day" in the topic.  I found out about some useful key
    bindings this way.  IMHO this would be a nice feature even
    for intermediate or even expert users of emacs.

    Shouldn't be to hard to find an automatic solution for this,
    at least for some set of predefined key maps.

Good idea. That might even lessen the fury of some over my Info tutorial
proposal, seeing as I originally proposed the tip of the day... Use "key
binding of the day" to fight back against creeping mousism. I like it.

I'm not sure we should have two separate tips of the day, however. We might
just include key-binding tips in the set of tips of the day (of course, then
key-binding tips wouldn't appear every day; they would be mixed with other
tips).