Re: Info tutorial is out of date

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Info tutorial is out of date
Date: 18 Jul 2006 12:57:37 -0400

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:

> It's just that learning that first gets in the way of learning the
> real subject matter of Info: getting information from the manual.

sometimes people get info from a manual by sequential browsing.
for some manuals/people/situations, this is the most natural way.

the attitude is not "i want to find out foo, don't hold me back
and waste my time w/ anything that is not foo!".

instead, it is "i think foo is in there somewhere, i'll just look
over this stuff before and around it while i'm at it.  who knows?
these might be related to foo or make it even clearer when i find it."

thi