Re: Building Emacs overflowed pure space

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Building Emacs overflowed pure space
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 02:04:54 -0400

    I should have been more precise here.  cl.el redefines some often used
    _macros_ which get inlined when compiled.  So this increases the pure
    space used in all compiled versions of files that use those macros.

I don't quite follow.  Why does the redefinition made by cl.el
alter the size of the expansion of these macro calls?

Can you give an example case where that occurs?