Re: Building Emacs overflowed pure space

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Building Emacs overflowed pure space
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 17:46:07 -0400

    I doubt it'll make any difference.  When reading the .elc file, the symbols
    will get copied anyway for the reason that they're not interned.

If the table that arranges for all references to one symbol within
a function to come out as the same symbol
is preserved between functions, that ought to do the job.

However, this might be inconvenient to do.  We might want to set up a
new reader mechanism for a specified list of uninterned symbols.  That
would be a little work, but not hard at all.