Re: Building Emacs overflowed pure space

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Building Emacs overflowed pure space
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 00:46:42 -0400

    > If the table that arranges for all references to one symbol within
    > a function to come out as the same symbol is preserved between functions,
    > that ought to do the job.

    > However, this might be inconvenient to do.

    Indeed: it make conflate two different symbols into one

No it wouldn't.  With my change in the macro, compilation of a single
source file, indeed all compilation in a single Emacs session, would
use only one symbol for this.

The only missing unsolved part of this problem is how to arrange
the proper read syntax in the .elc file so that what's one symbol
at compile time will read back as one symbol.