RE: Q on shell-mode-map

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Q on shell-mode-map
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 16:23:56 -0700

    > Well, I see now that the nconc should make it so that shell-mode-map
    > shares a tail with comint-mode-map

    Drew is referring to this line in shell.el:

        (setq shell-mode-map (nconc (make-sparse-keymap) comint-mode-map))

    The manual says

        The proper way to construct a keymap with a parent is to use
        `set-keymap-parent'; if you have code that directly constructs a
        keymap with a parent, please convert the program to use
        `set-keymap-parent' instead.

    so maybe that should be cleaned up.

Ah, good catch.