Re: glossary.texi

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: glossary.texi
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:34:31 -0400

    I wanted to substitute "current directory" by "current buffer's default
    directory" because the latter can be explained in terms of the glossary.

That change is not correct.  The term "absolute file name" is not
specific to Emacs, so its definition must not be based on Emacs-only
concepts.

Please keep the old text there.

     >       @item Whitespace
     >     ! Whitespace is any run of consecutive characters like space, tab,
     >     ! newline, and formfeed, that separate symbols and words from each
other.
     >     ! @xref{Syntax}.
     >
     > That is not as correct as the old text, so please keep the old text
     > for this.

    I have taken that verbatim from the definition of "whitespace character"
    in the Elisp manual, is that incorrect?

Please keep the old text in that place.  I don't have time for
more explanation today.