Re: jit lock sit-for provokes redisplay provokes imenu

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: jit lock sit-for provokes redisplay provokes imenu
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 10:42:03 -0400

     >     other words, suppose we have a thing called CHAR_MODIFF: Would we
have
     >     to support the invariant
     >
     >                MODIFF >= CHAR_MODIFF >= SAVE_MODIFF
     >
     > Yes, that is the idea.

    But now I'm in doubt whether I reasoned correctly.  It would mean that
    when I save a buffer and thusly update save_modiff I'd have to update
    char_modiff as well to preserve that invariant.

That is true.

We could drop the requirement thaht CHAR_MODIFF be >= SAVE_MODIFF.
That would be fine, for imenu.  Is there another use which
needs to compare those two values?