Re: safe_call1 considered harmful

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: safe_call1 considered harmful
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 14:22:04 -0400

    find-operation-coding-system calls a registered function
    with a single argument; a list of arguments given to
    find-operation-coding-system.  So, appending an extra
    argument at the tail of the list is fairly safe.

It might seem that way; but what happens if we change the calling
convention of one of the operations, giving it an additional argument?
That may be necessary some day.  I prefer the current convention.