Re: address@hidden: No default for describe-font, but one is advertised]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: No default for describe-font, but one is advertised]
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 23:09:24 -0400

    The error message is "No matching font", but it is reported because
    font-info returned nil, so "No info about FONTNAME" would be more
    accurate.  But how can font-info return nil for the default font of
    the selected frame?  Emacs is already displaying text in that font!

It looks like a bug to me.  But note that neither describe-font nor
font-info is documented properly.  It is not clear to me what
sort of argument is really supposed to be meaningful for font-info.
Perhaps this was not clear to the person who wrote describe-font.

I asked Handa to help here.