Re: [Proposal] M-x tabify to indent only when needed.

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: [Proposal] M-x tabify to indent only when needed.
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:29:50 +0200

>     I can come up with the following regexp-free, search-free patch that
>     makes the job, and that uses Stefan's good proposal of using " [ \t]+"
>     as `tabify-regexp'.
>
> Please install this, if no one finds a flaw in it soon.
>
> Thanks.

I think  Stefan proposal is better than  mine. The only flaw  in it is
fixed if he changes the following part of its patch, as he proposed:

+  (beg-col (save-excursion (goto-char (match-beginning 0))
                            (skip-forward-chars "\t")
+                           (current-column))))

--
 |      Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac   |    Le copillage-collage                |
 |         Epita/LRDE Promo 2007   |       tue le programmeur.              |