RE: Emacs geometry

From: Robert_Thorpe
Subject: RE: Emacs geometry
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:07:31 +0100

That would work fine for me since I use initial-frame-alist to
position the Emacs frame.  It will probably be OK for most
MS Windows users too.

It's worth noting though that there is no concept of window
management in MS Windows.  Windows are not placed on the screen
in a systematic way, they are just put in the same place.

As an experiment start up several programs in Windows and see
where their windows appear relative to each other.  Then start
up the same programs in a different order.  On my machine at
least the result is the same positions in both cases.  The only
exception to this behaviour is command prompt windows, which
take into account the position of the last cmd prompt window
when placing the next one.  I think the behaviour has always
been like this.

Rob