Stack-smashing bug

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Stack-smashing bug
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 15:42:37 -0400

The stack-smashing bug happened with the sources from July 15.  It did
not happen in nearly 3 days of editing with the sources from July 10.
It seems likely that the previous version of sit-for, which used
a timer, has something to do with the problem.

Presently I will switch to the latest sources and see if they still
have the problem.  I suspect that it will not occur, but I suspect
that this only means the circumstances don't occur, not that
the bug is fixed.