Re: address@hidden: Customize value menu doesn't recognize mouse-2]

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Customize value menu doesn't recognize mouse-2]
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 13:55:23 +0300

> From: "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:52:39 -0700
>
>     This behavior was introduced by this change:
>
>         2006-03-11  Eli Zaretskii  <address@hidden>
>
>           * w32fns.c (w32_wnd_proc): Ignore middle and extra button events
>           if a menu is already active (the menubar_active flag is on).
>
>     The reason was a much more annoying problem reported by Drew in this
>     thread:
>

> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-pretest-bug/2006-03/msg00024.html
>
>     Drew, I don't see any particular problem in asking Windows users to
>     click the left button, even if they are in a menu dropped by the right
>     button.  Do you?  (FWIW, I never select with the right button, even in
>     other GUI applications.)
>
> 1. It would be good if the behavior were the same on Windows as other
> platforms, if that were possible.

Sorry, I don't know how to do that without introducing worse
problems.  If someone else knows, please speak up.

> 2. It would be good if either a) you could neither open the menu nor choose
> a menu item using mouse-2 or b) you could both open the menu and choose a
> menu item using mouse-2.

Richard, should I go ahead and remove the mouse-2 binding for
widget-button-click?  I could do that either for MS-Windows or for all
platforms.

Btw, why do we bind both buttons to the same action here?