Re: Emacs geometry

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: Emacs geometry
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 22:30:14 +0200

* Eli Zaretskii (2006-07-28) writes:

>> > Sorry, this part was bad advice: you cannot look up left and top in
>> > initial-frame-alist,
>>
>> Hm, couldn't one get the value from the Lisp level?
>
> Of course, you could: use `intern'.  But I suspect that, by the time
> w32_createwindow runs, the left and top frame parameters were already
> removed from initial-frame-alist and put into the `top_pos' and
> `left_pos' members of struct frame that is passed to w32_createwindow.
> But please verify that, I could be wrong.

Hm, something seems to be there.  If I insert

  Lisp_Object foo = Qnil;
  foo = Fsymbol_value (intern ("initial-frame-alist"));
  if (CONSP (foo) && Fassq (Qtop, foo) && Fassq (Qleft, foo))
    printf ("top: %d, left: %d", XCDR (Fassq (Qtop, foo)),
            XCDR (Fassq (Qleft, foo)));
  else
    printf ("no");

into `w32_createwindow' and call Emacs with -g 80x30+20+10 the output
top: 80, left: 160
appears in the shell.  Does anybody know why the output is eight times
the input?

Thanks for the valuable hints so far.

--
Ralf