Re: Canceling dialogues

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Canceling dialogues
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 21:51:11 +0300

> Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:38:15 +0200
> From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
>
> If you use the menus in Emacs to call a function and this function for
> example calls y-or-n-p then a popup dialog will be shown (if
> use-dialog-box is t). This dialog box can not be canceled, at least not
> on w32.

The problem is, this is not really a dialog, it's a menu.  We don't
yet support dialogs on Windows; the code to do that is #ifdef'ed away,
presumably because it isn't finished yet.  Volunteers are welcome to
work on that, but I don't think such changes should be done before the
release.

> I think this is a bug and that a third alternative for canceling should
> be added.

The menu only has YES and NO, so that's what is displayed.