Re: Canceling dialogues

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Canceling dialogues
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 08:21:50 +0200

Eli Zaretskii skrev:
From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:59:54 -0400

It is ok to add Cancel to every dialog box.
[...]
To add a Cancel option on systems which don't present the kill-window
box would be useful too.

I really suggest not to make such changes before the release.  There's
no grave problem to solve here, AFAICS.

I agree. On X at least, ESC and C-g should do cancel on dialogs and menus. I thought ESC was standard on windows for this kind of thing? Not really sure how it works on Mac, but I see there is code for canceling menus on C-g there as well, on OSX >= 10.3 at least.

        Jan D.