Re: Canceling dialogues

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Canceling dialogues
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 09:36:23 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
However, at least on my system, if I click anywhere outside the
dialog, the dialog pops down.
This is true of Menus in general on Windows. Also, the ESC key has the same effect. When dialogs are implemented properly on Windows, they will have X buttons, like Gnome dialogs.

I don't think it is a good idea to indiscriminately add a Cancel/Quit option that appears to the user to be of equal importance as the Yes or No (or any other valid) options. Especially as some dialogs may already have an option of that name that does something other than keyboard-quit.