RE: address@hidden: Customize value menu doesn'trecognizemouse-2]

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: address@hidden: Customize value menu doesn'trecognizemouse-2]
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 06:43:08 -0700

    > From: "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>
    >     > From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
    >     >
    >     > On GNU/Linux, probably with Lucid menus, I can select from
    >     > the menu using any of the three mouse buttons.
    >     >
    >     >      (The latter part happens only on MS-Windows.)
    >     >
    >     > It sounds like a bug in the way menus work in Emacs on Windows.
    >
    > What Richard described for the other platforms is exactly the
    > behavior I requested when I filed this bug.

    I'm not sure you interpret what Richard wrote correctly: I think he
    was talking about the value menu dropped when one presses on a button
    inside a Customize buffer, whereas you seem to interpret that as a
    more general statement about menus in general.

I filed the bug about the value menu in Customize - see the Subject line.

If all menus behaved the same everywhere in Emacs, and on all platforms,
that would be even better, but that was not what I reported or requested.

The other bug I reported, whose fix apparently caused this bug, was about
the menu-bar menu, IIRC.