Re: address@hidden: Customize value menu doesn'trecognizemouse-2]

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Customize value menu doesn'trecognizemouse-2]
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 01:34:41 -0400

> From: <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 23:38:08 -0400
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Is it really true that different menus inside Emacs handle mouse
> clicks differently on Windows?

No, the menus behave the same.  The problem is _not_ with the menu,
it's with how one _activates_ the menu.  In the menu bar, we don't
bind mouse buttons to actions; rather, the window manager returns us
events that cause us to activate the menu; the MS-Windows window
manager does that only for mouse-1 clicks.  By contrast, in a
Customize buffer _we_ bind mouse-1 and mouse-2 on the "Value Menu"
button to drop down a menu, so mouse-2 also works there.

> That is surprising -- isn't it the same code handling all of them?

Once the menu is activated, it is the same code, yes.