Re: sit-for

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: sit-for
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 08:09:38 +0200

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I haven't seen this problem in my usage of gnus.
>>
>> It is not just gnus.  And it is not easy to see: Emacs gets somewhat
>> sluggish, sometimes the cursor blinks quite less than expected, and
>> CPU usage goes up, up, up, which is of course mostly noticeable when
>> you have power management, and the fans start waking up.
>
> Does setting jit-lock-stealth-time to nil change anything?

Unfortunately, the behavior occured just once after I last updated
Emacs to the new timer-based stuff, and I did not debug it then since
it just made me shrug and say "same bug as before".  So the frequency
of that occurence seemingly has dropped sharply, at least.  I am
rather sure, however, that I encountered it this one time after
recompiling Emacs.  If I manage to have it happen again, I'll sic the
debugger on it, something I should have done the first time.