Re: Canceling dialogues

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Canceling dialogues
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 08:10:25 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
I've now checked on GNU/Linux, and the dialogs behave there in exactly
the same manner: even if you click the "X" button in the upper-right
corner of the dialog, to close the dialog, the command continues; you
need to type some character to stop it.
Thanks for checking. However I think Emacs behaviour here is a bug. I believe most (at least most new) users will expect the command to be canceled. (Compare for example the guidelines Mathias mentioned.)

It looks safe to me to fix this before the release. I mean I find it hard to believe that it could interfere with something (except some users expecting the old behaviour of course).