Re: Cursor doesn't go back to after close-paren

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Cursor doesn't go back to after close-paren
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 22:24:56 +0300

> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 09:50:37 -0400
> Cc: Emacs Devel <address@hidden>
>
> "Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > emacs -Q --no-site-file
> >
> > Type: ()
> >
> > The blinking cursor remains over "(" until a key is pressed.
> >
> > Is this related to the `sit-for' changes?
>
> I can't reproduce this.

I can.  It's probably specific to MS-Windows.  And it certainly looks
like it's related to sit-for, since moving the mouse to the tool bar
or the mode line (which generates a help-echo event) causes the cursor
to get back to after the right paren.

Damn that sit-for change!  Now will have 6 months of debugging such
subtle problems!