Re: Emacs geometry

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: Emacs geometry
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 16:05:46 +0200

* Eli Zaretskii (2006-08-04) writes:

> Btw, the fact that you look at initial-frame-alist only when hprevinst
> is zero doesn't seem to prevent that code from being run for every
> frame; what saves the day is that initial-frame-alist no longer a cons
> cell.  Is it expected that hprevinst is zero for subsequent frames?

That's how I interpreted the comment "Do first time app init" before
it.  Now I see that the variable is not touched by Emacs and on the
net there is only information about `hPrevInst' (which seems to be
obsolete on Windows32).  Is that equivalent to `hprevinst'?

Anyway, if testing `hprevinst' is useless we could move the new code
out of the if-clause (and probably think about a working test for the
w32_init_class call unless it needs to be called for every frame).

BTW, I saw you added two new variables `lt' and `tp' compared to my
original patch.  Is this because INTEGERP does not handle Qnil
(correctly)?

--
Ralf