Re: display-mm-width return value off on Windows

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: display-mm-width return value off on Windows
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 16:50:16 +0200

* Ralf Angeli (2006-07-06) writes:

> On Windows the return values of `display-mm-width' and
> `display-mm-height' don't really reflect the screen width and height
> in millimeters.

Meanwhile we got another bug report on the AUCTeX list related to this
issue.

I provided a patch for w32fns.c the majority of developers were in
favor of but which hasn't been checked into CVS and a patch for
frame.el about which I haven't got feedback.  I am adding them to this
mail again with updated change log entries for reference:

2006-08-05  Ralf Angeli  <address@hidden>

        * w32fns.c (Fx_display_mm_height, Fx_display_mm_width): Calculate
        size of display by means of size in pixels and number of pixels
        per inch.

2006-08-05  Ralf Angeli  <address@hidden>

        * frame.el (display-mm-dimensions-alist): New variable.
        (display-mm-height, display-mm-width): Use it.

Could somebody please apply at least one of them or tell me what to
change in order for them to get accepted?  I am planning to upload a
new precompiled version of Emacs for Windows to alpha.gnu.org once
this is settled.

--
Ralf