Re: C-g crash redux

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: C-g crash redux
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 08:58:34 +1200

 > Can someone tell me what the issue is, here?
 >
 > >> It looks good to my inexperienced eye, but Emacs seems to go for a long
 > >> time before hitting Fsignal.  I wonder if Fsignal resets other things
 > >> that might not add up in the interim period but I don't know what the
 > >> rules are for placing the QUIT macro or whether one could be placed
 > >> closer to read_char.
 >
 > Why does it matter when, or whether, Emacs would ever call Fsignal?

I'm not sure that it does matter, I was surmising.  The problem with the
SPECL_INDEX imbalance arose because Emacs got back to Fbyte_code and checked
for an imbalance before reaching a call to unbind_to from Fsignal (from QUIT in
Ffuncall).  However Fsignal also appears to clean up a lot of other things.
Maybe some of these could cause a problem just as the binding imbalance did.