Problem in TRAMP

From: dhruva
Subject: Problem in TRAMP
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 10:05:23 +0530

Hi,
I am using GNU Emacs (CVS HEAD) on WXP built using MSVC. I use TRAMP
(ange-ftp backend) to access remote files. If I happen to close the
buffer associated with the ftp process, the ftp process crashes
(abnormal program termination). I know this is the expected behavior
when the buffer is closed. My suggestion is to prevent this buffer
from getting killed.
Is there any way in Emacs to disable a buffer from getting killed
accidentally or intentionally.  Ideally,  the buffer associated with a
process should get closed only when the process is no longer running.
Could be some sort of a callback on the process list.

--
dhruva (dk)
Contents reflect my personal views only!