Re: paste when cursor is in the fringe

From: monnier
Subject: Re: paste when cursor is in the fringe
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:25:27 -0400

> I noticed that I can't paste into a line when the cursor is in the fringe,
> i.e. when the line is filled up to the last column.

Set mouse-yank-at-point to t and be happy ever after.

I don't like mouse-yank-at-point to be nil, mostly because I'm never
completely sure exactly where my mouse is pointing, so I often get
off-by-one errors.  Maybe down-mouse-2 should be bound to a function that
highlights the point at which the mouse-yank-at-click will insert the text.

        Stefan