Re: Problem with PCL-CVS

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Problem with PCL-CVS
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 13:07:58 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> Whenever a file gets deleted in the repository, and I do
>> M-x cvs-examine RET /home/devel/emacs RET
>
>> then the file gets listed as removed in the status display with
>> additional `...' quote marks around it.
>
> Hmm, I haven't seen this yet.  Can you show me the "*cvs*" buffer and the
> corresponding " *cvs-tmp*" right after the offending cvs-examine command?

There you are: I don't understand how you can't see it.  Do
M-x cvs-status RET /your/working-copy RET

Move to one line showing "Removed", press "O".  Very annoying.  This
is the result; of course all the "Up-To-Date" marks are wrong.
Nothing has been updated.

*cvs*:

Repository : address@hidden:/sources/emacs
Module     : emacs
Working dir: /home/tmp/emacs/

In directory .:
Message: cvs [update aborted]: no such directory ``lisp/net'
new-dir     * Up-To-Date              1
new-dir     * Up-To-Date              gc
removed     * Up-To-Date              `lisp/net/zone-mode.el'
In directory admin:
new-dir     * Up-To-Date              admin/charsets
new-dir     * Up-To-Date              admin/unidata
In directory etc:
            * Up-To-Date              etc/ChangeLog
            * Up-To-Date              etc/NEWS
            * Up-To-Date              etc/TUTORIAL
In directory etc/images:
new-dir     * Up-To-Date              etc/images/lc
In directory lisp:
            * Up-To-Date              lisp/ChangeLog
            * Up-To-Date              lisp/avoid.el
            * Up-To-Date              lisp/facemenu.el
              Modified                lisp/help.el
            * Up-To-Date              lisp/x-dnd.el
In directory lisp/calc:
              Modified                lisp/calc/calc-poly.el
In directory lisp/emacs-lisp:
              Modified                lisp/emacs-lisp/authors.el
            * Up-To-Date              lisp/emacs-lisp/bindat.el
            * Up-To-Date              lisp/emacs-lisp/edebug.el
In directory lisp/eshell:
            * Up-To-Date              lisp/eshell/em-glob.el
In directory lisp/gnus:
              Modified                lisp/gnus/gnus-move.el
In directory lisp/textmodes:
            * Up-To-Date              lisp/textmodes/dns-mode.el
              Modified                lisp/textmodes/reftex.el
In directory man:
            * Up-To-Date              man/ChangeLog
            * Up-To-Date              man/ack.texi
            * Up-To-Date              man/mule.texi
            * Up-To-Date              man/text.texi
In directory src:
            * Up-To-Date              src/ChangeLog
            * Up-To-Date              src/alloc.c
            * Up-To-Date              src/keyboard.c
            * Up-To-Date              src/keyboard.h
            * Up-To-Date              src/xselect.c
            * Up-To-Date              src/xterm.c
            * Up-To-Date              src/xterm.h

-- last cmd: cvs -f update -d -P src/xterm.h src/xterm.c src/xselect.c
src/keyboard.h src/keyboard.c src/alloc.c src/ChangeLog man/text.texi
man/mule.texi man/ack.texi man/ChangeLog lisp/textmodes/dns-mode.el
lisp/eshell/em-glob.el lisp/emacs-lisp/edebug.el lisp/emacs-lisp/bindat.el
lisp/x-dnd.el lisp/facemenu.el lisp/avoid.el lisp/ChangeLog etc/images/lc
etc/TUTORIAL etc/NEWS etc/ChangeLog admin/unidata admin/charsets
`lisp/net/zone-mode.el' gc 1 --

 *cvs-tmp*:

cvs [update aborted]: no such directory ``lisp/net'