Re: Low-stress useful project

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Low-stress useful project
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 10:28:03 -0400

    With all due respect to everybody, and so on, but the Bash manual, the
    last time I looked at it[*], didn't seem to be one of the better manuals
    in the GNU system.  It is short on examples, doesn't seem well
    organized, and I found it maddeningly difficult to find out about basic
    things (how do you write a `while' loop?) a few years back when I was
    learning bash.

Would you like to work on improving it?  It won't magically change by
itself.

      The bash man page is much more coherent.

It is ok to copy the text from there, too; it will require rewriting into
Texinfo, though.