Re: Function: window-fringes

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Function: window-fringes
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 14:40:18 -0400

    !   if (EQ (Vwindow_system, Qnil))
    !     return Fcons (make_number (0), (Fcons (make_number (0),
    !                                      (Fcons (Qnil, Qnil)))));
    !   else
    !     return Fcons (make_number (WINDOW_LEFT_FRINGE_WIDTH (w)),
    !             Fcons (make_number (WINDOW_RIGHT_FRINGE_WIDTH (w)),
    !                    Fcons ((WINDOW_HAS_FRINGES_OUTSIDE_MARGINS (w) ?
    !                            Qt : Qnil), Qnil)));

What causes the existing code to return anything other than (0 0 nil)
on a tty?  It seems to me that if that happens, it indicates a bug.
Rather than paper over the bug's effects in this one spot, we should
see what causes the bug.  Then we could perhaps paper it over anyway,
or perhaps fix it.

By the way, please put the ? operator (like all infix operators)
after the line break, not before.