Re: How to stop find-grep-dired?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: How to stop find-grep-dired?
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 12:47:44 +0200

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

> It is BTW a bit hard to understand what "if you quit" means here,
> but it is described in "(elisp) Synchronous Processes" I see
> now. Maybe the doc string needs a bit more explanation?
>
> From this info node:
>
>   While Emacs waits for the synchronous subprocess to terminate, the
>   user can quit by typing `C-g'.

C-g is Emacs' way to trigger a `quit' signal.

> Why not have this behaviour for async processes too then?

I seem to remember that I already provided an answer to the question.

> Ambigouties can perhaps be removed by that little question I added
> to my suggestion in another message.

Any question like that is supposed to be abortable with C-g.  It would
be a nuisance if that happened to stop the process.  It would also
mean that the sequence to stop a process would need to be C-g y and I
don't see the advantage over C-c C-k.

There is a concern that we should probably unify on this key sequence:
for example, I have been bitten by C-c C-c actually killing a CVS
process.